Thursday, February 6, 2014

Allegiant - Book Review

BookAllegiant (Divergent #3)
AuthorVeronica Roth
Genre: YA 
Publisher/Publish DateHarper Collins / October, 2013
SourcePublic Library
Pages: 526
Rating: 3/5
GoodReads  •  Amazon

For me, this book did not hold up to the first two books in the series, but it did an ok of wrapping up the story.

Allegiant picks up with Tris having the opportunity to venture beyond the fence, and discover what is beyond the walls of their city. What she finds is shocking and alarming, altering how she views her whole life up to that point.

This creates an exciting book, filled with a lot of new fascinating information, but also changes how I view Tris' story up to this point. I think I would have preferred reading all three books of the Divergent series back to back, as opposed to a year or so apart, and I think they would have read better that way.

This was not a super strong story to wrap up the series, and while it did tie up some loose ends, I wasn't satisfied with all the conclusions.

Did you read it? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment