Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Things I've Said to My Children - Book Review

BookThings I've Said to My Children
AuthorNathan Ripperger
Publisher/Publish DateTen Speed Press / September 15, 2015

Yep, sometimes as adults we say some pretty ridiculous things to kids. As an aunt, though not a parent, I can totally relate. Ripperger does a fun job of compiling and illustrating what I am sure are conversations he's heard in his own house (he has 5 boys!). For example: "Don't kiss your brother while he is on the toilet."

The title of the book pretty much tells you all you need to know about this humorous book. The books 96 pages of illustrations and quotes kept me entertained and giggling as I looked through it. And I am sure it would be fun to read with kids.

My favorite, which is something I'm pretty sure I've said to my nephew before: "I am not talking to you... until you are wearing underwear."

This book would make a great birthday or christmas gift for any parent, or as a book to have on your coffee table for conversation starters.

Disclosure: I was provided a complimentary copy of this book from Blogging for Books with no expectation that I would provide a positive review. The thoughts, opinions, and reactions are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment