Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Braving It - Book Review

BookBraving It: A Father, a Daughter, and an Unforgettable Journey into the Alaskan Wild 
Author: James Campbell
Publisher/Publish Date: Crown / May 10, 2016

It's not a secret, I really enjoy reading wilderness adventure books. Often I read books about the hiking the Appalachian Trail, traveling a crossed Australia on camelback, solo trips across the ocean, and lots of books like that. Definitely an armchair traveler. As exciting as it sounds, I know that I enjoy reading about it much more that I would enjoy being on any of these trips.

This book was no exception. Loved reading it, and following along on their adventure, but don't think I would be up for braving the Alaskan wild like they do.

This book, Braving It, follows a father and his daughter as they head to Alaska on three different trips. The father had fallen in love with Alaska when he was younger, and wanted to share his experiences with his daughter. Lucky for him his daughter loved the adventure just as much, falling in love with the northern wilderness, the icy isolation, and the beauty unique to that area of our world.

It was exciting to follow along on their final trip, which included backpacking as well as a canoe trip down a river in northern Alaska. In the middle of no where they could view nature in her rawest form, both the best and the worst she could throw at them. 


I recommend this book to anyone who loves stories about adventures and the close knit bond between a father and his daughter. And an amazing way to view the beauty of Alaska in the warmth of my home and on the comfort of my couch. 


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment