Thursday, December 14, 2017

Book Review : You Are the Beloved

Book: You Are the Beloved: Daily Meditations for Spiritual Living
Author: Henri J.M. Nouwen
Publisher/Publish Date: Convergent Books / October 31, 2017

"This is a book of daily meditations, selected from the writings, talks, and letters of Henri Nouwen... Taking time for daily meditation was crucial for Henri. It was his time to be present to God, to hear God speak to him." (introduction)

Henri Nouwen is an author I have enjoyed for awhile. I read his book The Return of the Prodigal Son a few years ago and loved his ability to shine a new light on a bible story, forcing me to look at it from different points of view, while identifying how I am like the characters in the story.

This latest devotional book, combines some of his writing, talks and letters, in a year long devotional, each entry being a page or less. Nouwen snuggled with loneliness and anxiety, and found strength and wisdom by spending devoted time with God each day. And in that same way, this book is a great tool to draw us closer to God each day.

I look forward to reading this through the year. I highly recommend checking out his many other books on spiritual life.


I received a free copy of this book from Blogging for Books for this review.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment