Thursday, June 5, 2014

Paddle Your Own Canoe - Book Review

BookPaddle Your Own Canoe: One Man's Fundamentals for Delicious Living
AuthorNick Offerman
Genre: Non-Fiction 
Publisher/Publish DateDutton Adult / October 1, 2013
Source: Public Library
Pages: 337
Rating: 3.5/5
GoodReads  •  Amazon

I'm a huge fan of Nick Offerman's character on Parks & Rec, Ron Swanson, and knew enough about his personal life and woodworking background that I was pretty sure I was going to enjoy this books. I was right, though also pleasantly surprised by the depth and variety of this book.

A mix a narrative chapters about his life and instructional/topical essays, Offerman not only gives you a look into his life, and everything that lead him to his success in Hollywood, but also give great advice for aspiring actors and people in general.

The book is a bit racy in sections, just to warn you in case you plan to listen to this in audiobook form with your parents. Overall one of my favorite memoirs I've read in awhile.

Loved: the fun illustrations
Enjoyed: his tales of auditioning and working in Hollywood


No comments:

Post a Comment