Monday, May 13, 2013

my weekend - tile decorating at HEATH

I don't know who this guy is.
This sunday I went with a friend to Open Studio at Heath Ceramics in San Francisco to paint a tile. It was fun to be creative and I'm excited to see how it turns out after their fire them later this month.
They provided us with a simple, blank tile, about 6x6" and lots of fun things to use as stencils.

While the dots didn't really turn out how I expected them to, I think they look cool, though who knows how it will turn out once fired. With a couple rubber pads on the bottom with should make a great trivet.

I have loved their beautiful ceramics since I went to their studio in Sausalito for a tour, where they show you how much care and attention they put into their products. If you are ever in the Bay Area I highly recommend checking out one of their multiple show rooms, or at least visit their site to see their dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment