Friday, May 31, 2013

May - What I Read

Thanks to a cold and a lot of time spent sick in bed, I plowed through a lot of books this month. I feel very accomplished:) Working on some longer reviews of some of these, so expect those soon.
Requiem (Delirium #3), by Lauren Oliver
[my review]

What Good Is God?: In Search of a Faith That Matters, by Philip Yancey
I listend to this as an audiobook, read by the author. And since much of the book is based on his sermons, it was an enjoyable and inspiring listen.

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, by Susan Cain
So good! Everyone should read this. [my review]
The Mystery of Mercy Close (Walsh Family #5), by Marian Keyes
[my review]

Queen of the Air: A True Story of Love and Tragedy at the Circus, by Dean N. Jensen
Thanks to the publishers who were kind enough to send me an Advanced Copy of this book. I really, really enjoyed it. This book will be available June 11. [my review]

Screwed, by Laurie Plissner
Also got an ARC copy of this book from the Publisher. I may not be the right audience for this book (I'd recommend for high school and college age), and I had some issues with the writing, but the story was interesting.
Absent, by Katie Williams
Thank you Chronicle Books & NetGalley for the ARC, I really enjoyed this. [my review]

The Last Summer of the Camperdowns, by Elizabeth Kelly
Such a great book! Was so glad yo get it as an ARC. I often value books based on how much I like the cover, and this one held up to my high standard. [my review]

Storybound (Storybound #1), by Marissa Burt
Cute story about a normal girl who is reading one day, and is sucked into Storyland. Sometimes felt that it was trying too hard to be a great series like Harry Potter, but I'd recommend for elementary and middle school kids. (I got an ARC from NetGalley)

No comments:

Post a Comment