Monday, July 1, 2013

June - What I Read

After a few months of heavy reading, June wasn't so great. But I have some pretty valid reasons. I've spent the last two weeks packing and moving, and read a book and a half that were pretty awful I will spare you the reviews. The three books I did finish I really liked though, and would especially recommend the first one.
Archipelago, by Monique Roffey
An amazing book about a father and daughter sailing on a trip of a lifetime around the Caribbean islands. Be sure to check out my review for more information on the book.

The Casual Vacancy, by J.K. Rowling
Rowling's first adult novel since the Harry Potter series, Very, very different, but I enjoyed it.

Woke Up Lonely, by Fiona Maazel
A fascinating book about a cult leader and his CIA ex-wife. This book has an interesting plot structure, so I recommend it if you are looking for something a little different.

Working on getting through a few more books in July:)

No comments:

Post a Comment